Sunday 10 August 2014

READING NOOKS



As winter sets in and the days get colder, I'm finding myself retreating more and more to my reading nook. I don't always read there. Sometimes I just gaze mindlessly into the garden. But it serves as a little survival tool - you sometimes need time out from the world. These little retreats only require a handful of key items - most importantly, a comfy womfy armchair/daybed/sofa, a floor or table reading lamp, cushions, magazines/books, a rug and a throw. You can add whatever you like to this - plants or flowers, foot stools, knick knacks ... whatever helps you unwind. And they're not just for adults. I love the idea of reading corners for kids - if only to get them off those pesky electronic devices for part of the day. They're also not limited to indoors. A reading nook outside in the fresh air, in a lovely sunny spot, bursting with scatter cushions ... there's nothing better!






















Images via Pinterest. All images are credited where possible. Please feel free to share information on any where a source could not be located.

Inside Scoop. Interior Design Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment