Sunday 10 August 2014

GERTRUDE & PETUNIAS

Photo credit: notquitenigella.com
My amazing friends have opened yet another fabulous patisserie, Gertrude & Petunias, in Todman Ave in Kensington, Sydney. Isn't it just incredible! It is the little sister cafe to their other business, The French House in Danks St Waterloo, which supplies all their pastries. I like a French pastry as much as the next person, but what excites me is the way it's been fitted out. The ceiling and walls are wallpapered, the cornices have been bronzed, the chairs are ornate with gold and velvet, heavy drapes frame the windows and that gorgeous French blue welcomes you in to an old-worldly space. I enjoyed a lovely pot of Early Grey tea ... served with sugar cubes! I know, simple things really do excite me. Pop in if you're in the area.





Inside Scoop

No comments:

Post a Comment