Friday 10 October 2014

CACTUS LOVE


I'm a big fan of greenery and I particularly love it indoors. Plants soften a space and create interest in an otherwise stark environment. I'm a sucker for a good fern but the cactus is nudging just ahead lately. You'd probably associate it with the desert, but I think it's uber cool. The only thing I don't like about the cactus is the word "cacti". I know it's a correct term, but it has an ew factor similar to the word "surreal". I'll be calling them cactuses, if that's ok. So as I was saying, super cool plants! Cactuses are sculptural and dramatic and command attention. They come in such a large range of shapes and sizes - prickly, smooth, long and thin, wide and flat, flowering, leafyThey offer endless possibilities to create an amazing layered look. And best of all, because they're all mostly succulents, cactuses need little watering and are really difficult to kill! Use them as you would any ornamental piece for colour, shape and texture. They won't only look freakishly awesome, they'll put the finishing touches to any style room or space.

Source: @frustilista
Source: @frustilista










Oblica catalogue. Photo by Armelle Habib




Home of Philip Dixon, Venice apartmenttherapy.com
Pop & Scott planters. Inside Out magazine










All images are credited where possible. Please feel free to share information on any where a source could not be located.

Inside Scoop. Interior Design Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment