Monday 15 September 2014

MELLOW YELLOW


I've just painted my front door yellow. Not everyone's cup of tea but I don't care. It's been one of my fave colours for quite some time - it's bright and fun and makes me happy. It's like a ray of sunshine, it always brightens my mood. Like with any colour, though, there's no such thing as just yellow. There are warm yellows, (with hints of red and orange), cool yellows that lean more towards the greens and blues (neon yellow would fit into that category) and there's the moorish mustard yellow, which I absolutely love. If I've convinced you to try a pop, make sure you choose a yellow that works with the colours in your home. If panting, always test the colour. The tones in your floors and walls will always make a colour look different than it does at the paint shop. And remember, if you get sick of it, just change it! Nothing's forever - have some fun.


Moroccan Beni Ourain rug on Etsy etsy.com/shop/pinkrugco
The Grounds of Alexandria, Sydney
Abigail Ahern abigailahern.com











Inside Out magazine, Nov/Dec 2011. Vintage sofa from Edit. Styling by Vanessa Colyer Tay, Photo by Sam McAdam

abigailahern.com


All images are credited where possible. Please feel free to share information on any where a source could not be located.

Inside Scoop. Interior Design Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment