Monday 6 April 2015

MARSALA - PANTONE COLOUR OF 2015

By HAO Design - Taiwan part hair salon and part home (via +yellowtrace )
This is a post I've wanted to feature for a little while but I've been MIA lately dealing with some personal issues. Back in full swing now, though, so better a little late than never, I suppose. For those of you in the know, Pantone, the international authority on colour, recently announced its choice for 2015. Marsala is just as the name suggests - a robust and earthy wine red, and I'm right on board! I absolutely love it on lips and in fashion but I'll admit I was initially a little worried about its use in interiors. It probably didn't help that it was announced during our Summer and I just couldn't connect with it at the time. It's such a warming and earthy tone, I remember feeling a little weighed down by it. But I must say, those initial reservations were short-lived and I'm absolutely loving it now! It's so damn rich and sexy - that's right, I said sexy! It certainly has the grrrr factor. I particularly like the idea of it in velvet and leather (again, very sexy) and paired with deep blues and greys. I think I might have written about my aversion to red in a previous post, but this is a sophisticated red that I definitely approve of. Deep and a little dirty - just up my alley! Can you see it in your space?


Vincenzo De Cotiis, apartment in a 19th century building in Milan (via domainehome.com








Hans Agne Jacobsen, glass ceiling light, 1950s (via Pinterest) 
via domainehome.com

Edgy by Kaza Concrete | Hexagonal concrete tiles Designed by Patrycja Domanska and Tanja Lightfoot
Paris Door Photograph via etsy.com



via sadecor.co.za

All images are credited where possible. Please feel free to share information on any where a source could not be located.

Inside Scoop. Interior Design Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment